- Looking to the Lord as our King is a life-long process of learning His truths, trying to obey them, and wanting to do the Lord’s will.
- If we choose to make the Lord King in our lives, we will find ourselves blessed both in this world and to eternity.
- From a talk by Norbert Rogers:
- Each time we want to do the Lord’s will we are acknowledging that we want Him to be our King and to rule over our lives.
- We acknowledge the Lord as our King whenever we go to His Word to learn His truth, whenever we let that truth direct our thinking, whenever we want to do what the truth from the Word teaches, and whenever we actually obey that truth in our life.
- “The Lord Is Our King” by B. David Holm
- The Lord is the King of kings, for He rules everyone and everything.
- “Joy that the Lord Is King” by Norbert Rogers
- How can we go out to meet the Lord and welcome His coming as a king?
- “The Prince of Peace” by Louis B. King
The first thing the Lord said to His disciples when He appeared to them after His resurrection, was, “Peace to you!” The inmost element of blessedness is peace.
- Selected Quotations on the Lord Our King
Quotations from the Old Testment about the Lord as King
Projects and activities for all ages
- Picturing the Lord as Our King (ages 7-14)
Make a picture of the Lord as King with a beautiful crown on His head and shining white garments.
- The King of Glory Shall Come In (ages 6-10)
Make a doorway for the King of Glory!
- Make a Paper Crown (ages 5-10)
Help your children make a beautiful crown to put near the Lord’s Word. You may want to write a quotation on the crown.
- “Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples!” (ages 5-8)
Psalm 47 is a song of praise for the Lord our King. Children will enjoy learning this psalm with hand gestures or musical instruments to praise the Lord.
- For Reflection: Hosanna (teens and adults)
“Hosanna” means “Save us, we beseech You!” or “Save us now we pray!” Why do we need to ask the Lord to save us?
- Bowing Down Before the Lord (teens and adults)
Why does the Lord want humility, worship, and thanksgiving from us?
- Delight in His Law
Meditate on a verse from the Word and let it inspire you in a spiritual task. Cut out the bookmark to keep or share.
- Lift Up Your Heads! (teens and adults)
Here are some suggestions for using quotes from the Word to help you “lift up your head.”
- Prayers to the Lord Our King
Prayers for children on accepting the Lord as our King.
Sign up to receive notification when new highlights like this are published. Subscribe.