Does the Lord Love Me?
The stories of the Word illustrate the Lord’s love for everyone. The stories of the New Testament in particular, show the Lord teaching people, healing them, and reaching out to those on the outskirts of society. We also see how the Lord is fighting against the evil of hell – to save us.
The stories of the Word can help us teach children about the Lord and all that He does for us.
- Do you have favorite stories in the Word that you want to teach your children?
- What stories do your children enjoy hearing?
- What do these stories teach about the Lord’s qualities?
Projects and activities for children:
- Coloring Page: The Lord Welcomes Us into His Arms (ages 7 and up)
Beautiful illustration of the Lord with arms outstretched.
- The Circle of the Lord Love project (ages 6-9)
- The Lord Book (ages 4-10)
A project to help children picture some abstract ideas about the Lord.
- Make a Book about the Lord, illustrating Psalm 103 (ages 8-12)
Make your own illustrations on the little pages of this book, then assemble as an accordion book or a little booklet.
Activities you might enjoy:
- Reflecting on the Lord’s Qualities
What does the Word teach us about the Lord and His loving care?
- Prayers for Adults about the Lord’s Love
Beautiful prayers asking the Lord to help us receive His love and draw near to Him.
- Activity for Reflection – I Trust the Lord
Trust is a feeling and a choice. What are some things you trust the Lord to do for you?
The Lord loves everyone but we are free to turn away from Him. It is our choices in life that let us receive His love and wisdom or turn away. But the door is always open for us to return to Him. That in itself shows us how much the Lord loves us and cares about our happiness!
The Lord is gracious and full of compassion….
The Lord is near to all and His tender mercies are over all His works. (Psalm 145:8,9)
Sign up to receive notification when new highlights like this are published. Subscribe.