Read about the Lord
- “The Father of All” by B. David Holm (ages 7-14)
The Lord loves everything He has made, and most of all He loves the people He has created. To show how much He loves us, He tenderly takes care of us at all times and gives us all the good things which we receive.
- “Our Relationship with the Lord” by Robin W. Childs (ages 18 and up)
An examination of the Lord's love for the human race, His Divine mercy, His goals for us and the blessings He wants to give us.
Ideas for discussion
- The Word teaches us about the Lord and illustrate His love for everyone. The stories of the New Testament in particular, show the Lord teaching people, healing them, and reaching out to those on the outskirts of society. We also see how the Lord is fighting against the evil of hell—to save us.
- What are some of your favorite stories in the Word? What do they teach us about the Lord’s qualities?
- The Lord’s love extends to all people—good or evil—but they receive His love to the degree they have chosen to live according to His Word. There is infinite variety in how good people receive the Lord’s love.
- What are some of the qualities that you love in your family and friends that may reflect their reception of the Lord’s love?
- The Lord loves all and so wishes to do good to all and good is service. The Lord does good or performs services indirectly through angels, and in the world through people (see True Christian Religion 736:3).
- The Lord loves everyone but we are free to turn away from Him. It is our choices in life that let us receive His love and wisdom or turn away. But the door is always open for us to return to Him. That in itself shows us how much the Lord loves us and cares about our happiness!
Projects and activities for all ages
- The Lord Welcomes Us into His Arms Coloring Page (ages 7 and up)
Beautiful illustration of the Lord with arms outstretched.
- The Circle of the Lord's Love (ages 6-9)
Draw pictures inside the circle to show some of the people that the Lord loves.
- The Lord Book (ages 4-10)
A project to help children picture some abstract ideas about the Lord.
- Reflecting on the Lord’s Qualities (ages 11 and up)
Activities that can help us think about which names of God we associate with various Divine qualities.
- Love One Another as I Have Loved You (ages 15 and up)
A great activity to help us reflect on the nature of the Lord's amazing love for all people and how we can receive that love and live from it in relating to others.
- Prayers for Adults about the Lord’s Love
Beautiful prayers asking the Lord to help us receive His love and draw near to Him.
- For Reflection: I Trust the Lord (ages 15 and up)
Trust is a feeling and a choice. What are some things you trust the Lord to do for you?
Sign up to receive notification when new highlights like this are published. Subscribe.