The Lord “calls” us to heaven through the truths of His Word where He speaks to us. If we listen and try to follow His ways, then the Lord can help us understand the teachings of the Word more fully.
Learn more about the Lord’s Word
- “What Is the Word?” by Peter M. Buss, Sr.
When you read the Word it is as if the Lord is speaking to you in His own voice, helping you to understand and to love what He has said there.)
- “Walk While You Have the Light” by Norbert H. Rogers
The Lord is present with people in the Word, in the truths of the Word in a person’s mind. By these truths a person has spiritual light from the Lord; and in that light he can see the way of regeneration in which he should go.
- “The Word Is a Light to Your Path,” a story by Cathlin Cole
An illustrated story about the Word for young children.
Resources for various ages
- Teach Me Your Ways Bookmarks
Colorful bookmarks with quotations from the Word.
- Light of the World (ages 4-14)
Use light colored crayons or pastels on dark paper to illustrate light in the darkness.
- Blessed Are Those Who Hear the Word of God Coloring Page (ages 7-14)
- I Am the Light of the World activity (teens and up)
Start out sitting in darkness and light candles one by one as you read (or repeat) a quote from the Word. The room will grow brighter and brighter with the sharing of each quote.
If we look to the Lord in His Word, He can lead us to the everlasting happiness of heaven. For He is the source of true light and salvation.